Lorn au Arcos is probably the most notorious warrior in the Society. During his more than 100 years of life, he experienced many battles and was awarded by the previous Sovereign the title of Rage Knight.
His skills are unmatchable, and even with in his old age, he is still feared as the most dangerous fighter in the system. After seeing all his sons die in a variety of battles, he retired with his personal fleet to the remote moon of Europa, where he lives with his grandchildren, even a great-granddaughter.
He was born in a turbulent time, where his father had to experience eight Iron Rains.
Though he was seen to be more liberal than other Golds, Darrow still thinks he is stalwart and subject to the thinking of olden times, as demonstrated by his behavior towards Tactus. However, he began to express regret, showing that he is capable of changing. He was wise to stay away from the Core of the Society, spending his days on Europa instead.
Grizzled. He is broad, but not of very tall stature. Has thick hands with wrinkles and scars. Wears the signet ring of an Olympic Knight on one finger.
Offers Darrow patronage.
Part II Edit
As a Drafter, he selects Darrow to be 10th out of 1000 candidates and into House Mars.
He secretly trained Darrow every morning.
Darrow forced his involvement in the war. He boarded the ship which Pliny was on with other Golds, and intimated to attendees of the meeting that they should die if they approach Darrow.
He died at the celebration of Darrow's Triumph, being stabbed by Adrius au Augustus and having his throat slit by Lilath au Falthe.
The most renowned blademaster/razormaster, people would often pay a fortune for just a single session to learn his style of: the Willow Way. He is also a wise teacher, fostering monsters of students such as Aja and Darrow, the former whom had surpassed him already, and the latter defeating the strongest duelist, Cassius, easily.
- Grandfather of Lysander Au Lune heir to the Morning Throne
- Lorn is part of the word forlorn, lovelorn, etc. and as such indicates being lonely and deserted
- 'If you're a fox, play the hare. If you're a hare, play the fox.' - Golden Son, Part II: Break
- 'When falls the Iron Rain, be brave. Be brave.' - Golden Son, Part III: Conquer
- 'I want to fade in peace.' - Golden Son, Ch. 28: The Stormsons
- 'Wise men read books about history, strong men write them.' - Golden Son, Part III: Conquer
- 'A boy throws stones. A fool steals kisses. A man gives his heart.'
- 'You don't fight a river. You don't fight Aja' -Morning Star
- 'A man believes he can fly, but is afraid to jump. A poor friend pushes him off the ledge. A good friend jumps with him' -Morning Star
- 'A man is never too young to kill, never too wise, never too strong, but he can damn well be too rich.'[GS 1] misattributed to Nero au Augustus
- 'A fool pulls the leaves. A brute chops the trunk. A sage digs the roots.'
<ref>tags exist for a group named "GS", but no corresponding
<references group="GS"/>tag was found.